Let's Get Out of All Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmielke

With some of the recent tragedies in the Middle East I wish we could just pack up our bags and get the hell out of there. Bring our troops home NOW! We're not wanted over there, why remain until 2014? As a Vietnam era vet I'm sick of overstaying our welcome. We can deploy entire divisions in 90 days or less. Let's get them back in that same 90 days. Let them shoot it out with each other as they have for 1,000 years.

I'm tired of fighting against communism (Vietnam) only to have it end and then suddenly see Vietnamese, Cambodian & Chinese clothing & goods flood our stores. There's something sick about that.

Carolina Photo Guy

From the day we arrived in the Middle East, we were NOT welcome, there-fore overstaying was not an option.

Having said that, I have to point out that this is NOT the venue for this topic. I am not a moderator, nor am I anyone of any importance to this site.

I have seen the elephant, been there and done that. I even sold the tee shirt at a yard sale. But Bob, this ain't the place to mix old wounds with fresh wounds.

All that does is add more pain. :(

I will NEVER speak of this ever again.

bobmielke

From the day we arrived in the Middle East, we were NOT welcome, there-fore overstaying was not an option.

Having said that, I have to point out that this is NOT the venue for this topic. I am not a moderator, nor am I anyone of any importance to this site.

I have seen the elephant, been there and done that. I even sold the tee shirt at a yard sale. But Bob, this ain't the place to mix old wounds with fresh wounds.

All that does is add more pain. :(

I will NEVER speak of this ever again.

The title of the category is Off Topic - it most certainly IS the place to post it.

fotojack

No, Bob, it is not. This is a photography forum, not a political forum. Nothing you have written there is photography based. The Off Topic category is intended for categories not already listed...not political or religious debate.

And although I share your feelings on the matter, discussing the strategical merits of military movements of our respective governments has no place in a photography based arena.