Shot with natural light no flash.

coach

Ok this is my first Picture I have put on this forum for your comments.

Attachments

• 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 211

coach

Okay not sure why the info did not show up. But shot with d3100 18-55mm kit lens A1/15 f5.6 ISO 100 no flash. If that helps.

It looks a little soft / out of focus. Also you need to move them away from the background so you don't get that harsh shadow.

Firefox add-on FXif used to get the data below

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3100
Image Date: 2012-03-03 05:13:59 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 52mm (35mm equivalent: 78mm)
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.025 s (1/40)
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Microsoft Windows Live Photo Gallery14.0.8117.416

Last edited:

Rick M

I think you could have bumped the ISO up to get a faster shutter speed, possible camera shake as it does seem a bit out of focus. Sharpness may be low since it is an extreme crop. I think I like the uncropped shot better.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I think it's motion blurred. With a 52mm lens your slowest shutter speed should be 1/80th. And with kids I'd bring it up to at least 1/125th. Don't be afraid of taking your iso up a bit. It's better to have a little noise than a blurred picture.

But the kid's expression is well caught. You clicked the shutter at the right time. I like it.

coach

Thanks for your input. These two guys are my grandsons and getting them to stop moving is quite a chore. I think bumping up the ISO is a great idea when shooting active children. Only been on this forum a week and have learned a lot. Now just have to remember it all.

Thanks
Tim

invisionz

my opinion:

- ISO 200
- up the shutter speed to 1/100 or so
- move the subject away from the wall about a foot or so
- step closer to the subject to take your shot

enjoy the results......