Beware! Fake MB-D11's being sold on Amazon

fotojack

I have a real grip on my D200 and a fake one on my D40. I knew going in, though, that the D40 one was fake, but it works great, so no complaints from me. :)

Johnathan Aulabaugh

I had just recieved mine when I found this. I ordered mine from amazon as well and just went through everything that has been posted about the grip. I am fairly confident that my grip is the real deal. no slack in the lock system, the door is the same shape, the screws and bolts are right, weighs 329 grams w/ battery... anyone with more info on this?

Ranie

I have a real grip on my D200 and a fake one on my D40. I knew going in, though, that the D40 one was fake, but it works great, so no complaints from me. :)

Jack, I dont think that the grip on your D40 is fake. Since Nikon doesnt have a grip for the D40, other company will produce the item for that model. I had a D50 before with an aftermarket grip too.

fotojack

Jack, I don't think that the grip on your D40 is fake. Since Nikon doesn't have a grip for the D40, other companies will produce the item for that model. I had a D50 before with an aftermarket grip, too.[/QUOT

Yeah, I understand what you mean, Ranie. I just meant that it wasn't made by Nikon. It is, in fact, a third party grip. :)

roulitick

A fake is actually OK ..If they tell you its a fake and don't try to pass themselves off as being Genuine Nikon. I have a Meike grip and it works just fine @$39.95..If it breaks I'll buy another. I can buy several before I spend more than the "Genuine MD-11" costs. You get what you pay for (and sometimes much more). It's just a matter of choice ..Which we are lucky to have.

Phillydog1958

A fake is actually OK ..If they tell you its a fake and don't try to pass themselves off as being Genuine Nikon. I have a Meike grip and it works just fine @$39.95..If it breaks I'll buy another. I can buy several before I spend more than the "Genuine MD-11" costs. You get what you pay for (and sometimes much more). It's just a matter of choice ..Which we are lucky to have.

Agreed. It's not FAKE, as long as they tell you.