Oye Como Va

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I just wanted to share this HD video that I took during my daughter's middle school band performance taken with the Nikon D7000, Nikon 24-70mm lens and Nikon ME-1 mic.

Enjoy.

[video=vimeo;38252940]http://vimeo.com/38252940[/video]

bluenoser

Banned
Hi Glenn.

Hey, that was a really excellent performance! I thoroughly enjoyed watching that whole video (cool song too!). Do you find the ME-1 adds much quality to the sound capture at this distance vs. the on-board mic?

Eye-level

Banned
I am downloading the clip right now on my slow @ss connection...I am very privileged in being able to attend one of the very last performances of Tito Fuente and his band. It occured at the University of Tulsa campus right before he died and it may have even been his last performance. When he played this song, which he wrote (Santana made it famous), the college crowd went bonkers and they were already dancing!

Looks like I have 4 of 23.2 megs so far...looking forward to this one... :(

Impressive performance! The kid on Tbone around 4:30 has it!

So which child is your's sir?

Last edited by a moderator:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi Glenn.

Hey, that was a really excellent performance! I thoroughly enjoyed watching that whole video (cool song too!). Do you find the ME-1 adds much quality to the sound capture at this distance vs. the on-board mic?

Thanks James. I'm glad you enjoyed it. The built-in mic of the D7000 only records either left or right speaker (mono). Adding an external mic allows it to record in stereo. I just left the volume in Auto and it pretty much adjust everything for me.

I am downloading the clip right now on my slow @ss connection...I am very privileged in being able to attend one of the very last performances of Tito Fuente and his band. It occured at the University of Tulsa campus right before he died and it may have even been his last performance. When he played this song, which he wrote (Santana made it famous), the college crowd went bonkers and they were already dancing!

Looks like I have 4 of 23.2 megs so far...looking forward to this one... :(

Impressive performance! The kid on Tbone around 4:30 has it!

So which child is your's sir?

Sorry about the large file since it was unedited in HD video. My daughter was hidden in the background with the flute players.

Last edited by a moderator: