Sunny Day Zoo Visit

bobmielke

I was so glad to be able to get out and do some shooting today. Temperatures are soaring to 60 degrees. The new 24-70mm F/2.8 performed flawlessly. Boy, does it focus fast! I had no problem with the hefty weight or the lack of VR. My skills were developed years before there was such a thing.

I particularly like the look of this turtle photo. The shallow depth of field combined with the dark earth tones makes for an attractive combination. I nailed the focus on his eyes.

Turtle-01-XL.jpg

Turtle-01-Exif-XL.jpg

bluenoser

Banned
Boy, this is also a great example showing the impressive dynamic range of the D7000! In addition to the incredible sharpness, it looks like you did very well on the exposure too.

It's a shame about those loose branches (the stray one sticking down from the middle-top of the frame and the larger one running in back of the turtle up from the right and down to the left of the frame). I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise but this is posted in the Photo Critique forum! :)

With regard to you and the 24-70 - as Bogey once said - "Louis (or Bob in this case), I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

Last edited:

bobmielke

Boy, this is also a great example showing the impressive dynamic range of the D7000! In addition to the incredible sharpness, it looks like you did very well on the exposure too.

It's a shame about those lose branches (the stray one sticking down from the middle-top of the frame and the larger one running in back of the turtle up from the right and down to the left of the frame). I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise but this is posted in the Photo Critique forum! :)

With regard to you and the 24-70 - as Bogey once said - "Louis (or Bob in this case), I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

I could have easily removed those branches but feel they help composition with the strong diagonals. Thanks for your input.