light and dark. . .

miknoypinoy

http://
rearsync.jpg

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D7000
Lens: 24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2012-02-26 16:39:26 -0800
Focal Length: 70.0mm (35mm equivalent: 105mm)
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure Time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
ISO equiv: 1600
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Light Source: Unknown
Flash Fired: Yes (enforced, return light detected)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: Adobe RGB (1998)
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

just messing around with this. . .my first attempt. . .i feel my light is too light and my dark isnt dark enough. . .

anyways, thanks for any tips and comments. . .(dont mind my models messy face. . .lol)

bluenoser

Banned
Hi Mike.

I'm confused. You used flash, yet your ISO is at 1600?? (why so high??) Is the light to the right from the flash as originally (before checking the EXIF) I thought it was from a window?

miknoypinoy

Hi Mike.

I'm confused. You used flash, yet your ISO is at 1600?? (why so high??) Is the light to the right from the flash as originally (before checking the EXIF) I thought it was from a window?

yeah, I might have approached this the wrong way. I used a flash rear synced minus down to expose my girl , because with out it she was more silhouetted. I used a higher iso also because the curtain and shade was exposing with light coming in between the slats. which wasn't how it looked. the light was coming from the glass door. tricky lighting. took me a few adjustments to get what I got. then my model ran away to play. lol.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi Mike.

I think Mike has his camera set to "auto ISO". Set it manually to ISO 400 or so and let the flash compensate the extra light needed instead of allowing the camera to crank up the ISO first. Adjust the power if it is not enough.

The other problem is the f11 and 1/250 setting for indoor shot. f4 or 5.6 will keep your subject sharp using that lens especially with a DX. 1/100 would have been sufficient especially for still shot.

Last edited:

miknoypinoy

Man I hate it when that happens...LOL Makes me want to start taking photos of snakes too...they hardly ever move as fast as those little ones... :)

lol . . . ain't that the truth . . . my older kids don't like being in front of the lens so it's either snakes or the little kids (sometimes I can bribe them with candy or something to model for me lol). thanks all for the tips. I'll try again later today.