what do YOU do with your images?

miknoypinoy

besides posting here and sharing or on other sites (flicker, photobucket, etc ), what do you guys do with your images. prints and frame, photo albums or books , or just place them in a hard drive to be lost with the other plethora of pictures? lol. . . just wondering

bluenoser

Banned
Like Rick said...all of the above! :) I have printed off a couple of shots of my kids on canvas (16x20) which are hanging in the living room. I also use an online program called "Touchnote" which you can make one of your pictures into a postcard, write a note and have it sent to where ever you wish. I use these often to send pictures of the kids to my mother who lives 2,000 kms away in Halifax. She loves getting these things in the mail from time to time. Very easy process.

I've also printed a picture of my daughter captioned with her name (Elena) on a mug she uses for various drinks. She was always complaining about not being able to find anything in the stores that has her name on it. Her brother (Evan) has a much easier time of it buying do-dads that are personalized with his name. So, she was quite thrilled when she got her own personalized mug with not only her name on it but her picture! :)

I'm about to print off my first photo book and I'll do another couple of canvas prints in the spring.

You have to love digital! :)

Eye-level

Banned
I take mainly family and friend snaps and email them to them...post a few here and there...print a few here and there...and I take some pictures of cars at the carlot that are posted to the net (get paid for that)...I have tons of negatives and prints all over the house...tons of cd's with jepgs all over the house etc...the fun for me is just trying to figure out how to use the camera competently and unfortunately I am a very slow learner...LOL

Just-Clayton

My picture taking started out as a hobby. Now it has become a part time job. I have printed out postcards and sold them to local stores and I also have sold several prints. the other 5000 pictures are in my portable hard drive waiting for me to categorize or trash them.

Sambr

I have over 50,000 images on varies hard drives - I sold a few to varies people and organizations. I also framed a few and donated them to "non profit organizations" to be sold at silent auctions for their fund raisers. I solely shoot for my enjoyment would never dream of turning this fabulous hobby into a "job"

miknoypinoy

This is a great thread...

agreed . . . I was just curious what others did. as most of mine stay on the hard drive or on my phone to show off lol . . . some real good ideas popping up too. . . I was thinking of shutterflying a book of some of them. as buying frames for my favorites would probably fill up a wall. lol. thanks for all the replies. keep em coming.

fotojack

Like Mike, I do this solely for the enjoyment and pleasure I get from taking pictures and hopefully improving as I go along. I've sold a few motorcycle racer shots, done a few weddings, a few portraits, but for the most part, this will never be a job for me. I've dumped untold thousands of shots, and I've saved a few hundred to CD's. Some I keep on my hard drive, others are awaiting a decision. :)

Dr Daniels

I have over 50,000 images on varies hard drives - I sold a few to varies people and organizations. I also framed a few and donated them to "non profit organizations" to be sold at silent auctions for their fund raisers. I solely shoot for my enjoyment would never dream of turning this fabulous hobby into a "job"

Perhaps you should go into stock photography.

Just-Clayton

Only a job in legal terms.(Have to have that state and federal # so they can enjoy my fun too) People dont realize Im having fun doing it!!

Just-Clayton

When I do photography "work" it takes up the time and covers what I would have done in overtime at my regular job. I would rather make my money having fun then walking and carrying mail for an extra 2 hours a day. When the bosses ask if I want to work over I end up saying no and tell them Im going to play and have fun.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I have found that my images are a lot cheaper to print and mount over fixing the sheetrock hole.

Even a poor image looks better than a freakin' hole! :)

Time to stop banging your head on the walls Pete. Although if it creates the need to make images it might be creative. :)

jcottone45

Like Mike, I do this solely for the enjoyment and pleasure I get from taking pictures and hopefully improving as I go along. I've sold a few motorcycle racer shots, done a few weddings, a few portraits, but for the most part, this will never be a job for me. I've dumped untold thousands of shots, and I've saved a few hundred to CD's. Some I keep on my hard drive, others are awaiting a decision. :)

Hi Jack, I too do this solely for enjoyment & to record important events in my life as well as my families lives. I too have many thousands of prints & 1,820 color slides that I am now starting to convert to memory cards. I didn't realize how many I had & how many relatives now want to see them even those who refused to have their picture taken 35 years ago that now want to see them.!!!
I guess my "hobby" was good after all!!

ZekeMenuar

I've got a few thousand images on a HD.

I give them as gifts. Hang a few on the wall.

Once in a while someone wants one of my images. If I like them, I give them a copy at cost. If I don't like them they get it at cost + 100%