My Liveview does not work

fotojack

This is the reason we ask people to complete their profile with what camera they have, lenses, etc. We can't answer questions when we don't have the necessary information.

Mike150

I assume you're using the 5100 since that's the forum you posted in.

I don't have this camera, but I looked in the manual (page 44) and found there is a "Live View" switch on the top of the camera (next to the Mode dial). It appears that one position is Live view and the other is viewfinder.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes, is the D5100. I take photographs but I can not see them in Liveview. The viewfinder works.

Do you mean you can't see them in playback after you take the picture or you just can't use Liveview to focus and "preview" the shot?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Do you have menu access from the screen then?

Maybe the brightness of your camera monitor is turned way way down (if it can be adjusted), or maybe the monitor has gone bad… But if you can see menu items on it, then it's not the monitor itself but something in between.

Check your menu or user manual to see if there is something about the monitor's brightness.

This is all I can suggest for now. Keep trying until you find it and make sure you tell us what it was.

Good luck.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I guess you'll have to send it in for repair. I would guess your monitor has gone. I have no clue on the price of replacement.

Have you written to Nikon about it? Or other repair shop?