Custom Postcards

bobmielke

I have traveled about 70,000 miles, mostly by motorcycle, in the 5 years I've lived in Oregon. The day I got here April 26, 2007, I didn't know a single highway or street, having driven 3,000 miles from South Carolina. I actually had to carry around a map to find my way home.

There are so many wondrous scenes here I started making my own custom postcards to send to family & friends back home and to more family in St. Louis. It wasn't that there were no cards available, but I knew I could do better. Here's one of those first postcards of a logging mill turned into a family restaurant known as Camp 18, located on the 18 mile marker from Seaside, OR.

279727286_KfDJr-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Strangely enough, I actually remember eating there, when I used to travel down that way on my Goldwing back in the mid 80's.

Eye-level

Banned
That is a pretty cool post card I would like to see some more if you please sir. A few years back I got into making "trading cards" out of hotrod shots...people were always very enthusiastic about them and I had quite a large collection.

bobmielke

Strangely enough, I actually remember eating there, when I used to travel down that way on my Goldwing back in the mid 80's.

It's quite a landmark on an open two-lane highway tucked away off in the woods. There are hiking trails as well as dozens of artifacts that make for touristy photos.

174390570_zrn8G-L.jpg

261170899_Z6Yea-L.jpg