Watermark Software Suggestions???

Phillydog1958

Hello Folks. I'm seriously considering purchasing a watermarking software program. Many are available online and can be downloads and setup within minutes. I've noticed that many of you watermarks your photos. Give me a few suggestions. I want something that is relatively cheap, yet functional and easy to use. Thanks in advance.

ohkphoto

Snow White
If you have lightroom, you can watermark . . . text watermarking is part of the feature. If you want a graphic, it's easy enough to create one and then import into lightroom.

Phillydog1958

If you have lightroom, you can watermark . . . text watermarking is part of the feature. If you want a graphic, it's easy enough to create one and then import into lightroom.

Thanks Helene. I don't have Lightroom, but since your posting, I've been reading up on the program. It seems like I might need to make an investment in Lightroom. I'm reading good things about it. :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
You can't go wrong with it. Pretty powerful program and right now it's on sale 3.0 is on sale before they officially release 4.0

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Take a look at the software forum - we have links for free training and a downloadable manual there. Also, in case you didn't know, the LR4 beta will expire on March 31st.

Sambr

Lightroom 4 is in beta testing and has a free trial period. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 | photo management software beta - Adobe Labs

If you like it, I'd suggest buying LR 3 at a great deal (some deals have been insanely low - less than $100 for the full version) and the when LR 4 is released they will probably offer upgraders from LR3 a discount (which should be cheaper than buying LR4 outright).

Agree with James - you then will have a great program as well.

unkyjohn

Hi I too have been admiring all the watermarks you guys use so I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread and asking a similar question.

I have recently purchased Photoshop Elements 9 and am very slowly coming to grips with it. One of the things I have tried is to make a basic watermark using one of their on line tutorials. I wondered if it were possible to save it as a separate file so that it could be used again without going through the procedure every time and also to be able to apply it to a batch of photographs in one go.

Thanks for any help, I am fast becoming an addict to this great site, some of the replies are very entertaining!

fotojack

Hi I too have been admiring all the watermarks you guys use so I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread and asking a similar question.

I have recently purchased Photoshop Elements 9 and am very slowly coming to grips with it. One of the things I have tried is to make a basic watermark using one of their on line tutorials. I wondered if it were possible to save it as a separate file so that it could be used again without going through the procedure every time and also to be able to apply it to a batch of photographs in one go.

Thanks for any help, I am fast becoming an addict to this great site, some of the replies are very entertaining!

See post #9. It's free. :)

Phillydog1958

I downloaded the Beta 4 version for the free trial and it's great (Thanks Eduard). I also purchased Lightroom 3 off of Amazon for $140, including shipping. It should arrive by week's end. Thanks to all for their great replies and advice. I've got a MacBook Air and iPhoto is no where near as good for editing as Lightroom.

Last edited:

southwestsam

I just designed my own watermark in photoshop - design as black on a white background then Edit>Define Brush Preset give it a name and you're away.

Makes it nice and easy then to put it where you want, the size you want and you can alter the colour, transparency etc. to suit the photo.

EDIT:

To clarify, that then turns it into a brush which you use in the same way as you would any other brush.

Last edited: