2 moons

Pierro

The nearly full moon shot was snapped in 2009 when i used a Pentax K10 and ancient 1970's Tamron 70-350mm F4.5, and the crescent moon was snapped in 2011 , by which time I had switched to a K-7 and a 600mm SW 600mm astroscope with adapters for prime Astro scoping

I also used the Astro scope for bird photography - if one can live with the fixed aperture and fully manual operation, they make good lenses

54h4h0yj02.jpg

1odn8b7kwx.jpg

fotojack

Great moon shots. Nice and sharp. I noticed that they were both shot using a Pentax K-7 camera. Do you not have a Nikon? This is, after all, a Nikon site. :)

Pierro

They weren't both with a K-7. The first one was a K10 3 years ago and a K-7 1 year ago

What sort of proof would you like that I have a Nikon ? :cool:

I've been a Nikon user for 8 weeks

fotojack

They weren't both with a K-7. The first one was a K10 3 years ago and a K-7 1 year ago

What sort of proof would you like that I have a Nikon ? :cool:

I've been a Nikon user for 8 weeks

Yup, my bad on missing the K-10. :) Maybe finish your profile by listing your camera. Then it will show up on the left side of the page, letting everyone know which camera you have.

fotojack

Yes, but I'm talking about on the left...underneath where it has your name, avatar, location, etc. It should read: Camera:________ It's just much easier to notice and read, Pete. :) I'm just trying to keep everyone consistent with Name; Join Date; Location; Posts; Liked; Images; Camera :)

Pierro

Might try a moony with the Nikkor 400, as i havent tried yet, as I've mainly been shooting birds.

Getting a clear night in the dull grey UK is not easy