An Out Of Box Experience

bobmielke

Even though I'm 62 and officially an old fart I continue to learn each and every day. I fill my time with things I really enjoy doing. I live a rich life by combining my three hobbies; photography, motorcycling & computers. I have a background in fine art from my college days that aids in my enjoyment of the design sign of photographic processing. To that end I used this shot of a tiger I took to learn a processing trick known as "Out Of Box" processing. It was a great lesson in the technique of making a photograph appear three dimensional as well as an exercise is custom masking & special text effects. I hope you enjoy this final poster as much as I do. I titled it "Tiger Tiger".

Tiger-Tiger-XL.jpg

bluenoser

Banned
I know that some think of the "out of box" presentation of an image as gimmicky (which I suppose it is - especially if over-used) but I quite like it! Your effort here is especially good Bob - I think you've done a great job. I like the colour you chose for your border - reminds me of jungle green - appropriate for a tiger I'd say! Looks like he's walking right off the page.

Thanks for sharing this with us Bob.

bobmielke

I know that some think of the "out of box" presentation of an image as gimmicky (which I suppose it is - especially if over-used) but I quite like it! Your effort here is especially good Bob - I think you've done a great job. I like the colour you chose for your border - reminds me of jungle green - appropriate for a tiger I'd say! Looks like he's walking right off the page.

Thanks for sharing this with us Bob.

Thank you for your comments. I've discovered that with some folks you will never please if you include a frame or edge treatment. This posting represented a learning experience designed as a poster, so I practiced a number of techniques ranging from masking, gradient fill and three dimensional shadow text. The members of this forum have always been extremely picky about every aspect of a posted photo. Other photographic forums have a totally different flavor with more emphasis on the impression made by the posting. I feel comfortable in both environments.