Holster Bag/Case

Rick M

Anyone use these? I'm finding during the sloppy seasons I'm often trying to hold everything when outdoors. Also while hiking it would be nice not to have to worry about the camera banging into something. I have a backpack and not interested in sling bags, it's enough to have the tripod over my shoulder.

Just curious if people like them, Thanks!

bluenoser

Banned
Very timely question Rick! I'm thinking of getting one myself: Digital Holster 50 V2.0 I'm interested in the replies that may come.

I love the ThinkTank line of bags - in particular their messenger style bags. I have both the TT Retrospective 10 and Retrospective 20. I actually use them in conjunction with my BlackRapid Sport with the BR on one shoulder and the Retrospective bag on the other (works very nicely!)

However the holster bag/case looks like another nice option for specific situations - heck, can't have enough bags right?! LOL! :)

Rick M

I was out shooting today and kinda slid/ran down a hill to avoid falling. Had my camra on with a shoulder strap, but you still need a hand on the camera so it doesn't go flying. Would have been nice to have both hands free if I fell. I find I usually carry my backpack by hand or over one shoulder, which still leaves one hand tied up. Not crazy about sling bags or wearing the backpack over both shoulders.

Ever notice the best angle is always in the worst/most dangerous muddy spot? So I find myself holding everything so it doesn't get dirty or wet. Which brings me to the Holster bag. I have a few Tamrac lens carrying cases which I can wear on my belt and have found them to be a great solution. I have a belt case for my 70-300 so I figure I'll get a holster bag for the camera with a standard zoom/lens on.

My wife asks why I need ANOTHER BAG, same reason she has 3 closets full of shoes! The ones I have don't go with everything I own :)

grey tones

since you mentioned the hiking scenario i thought i would put in 2 cents
i use the cotton carrier system and its awesome for that sort of thing its not a bag tho
it keeps the camera and any size lens very stable for hiking running or sliding down hills lol

Rick M

since you mentioned the hiking scenario i thought i would put in 2 cents
i use the cotton carrier system and its awesome for that sort of thing its not a bag tho
it keeps the camera and any size lens very stable for hiking running or sliding down hills lol

Looks very interesting Grey!

Rick M

I just picked up a used Tamrac holster bag from a guy at work, I'll see how I like it.

If I decide I like the belt system, I'll upgrade to the Think Tank system down the road