Spell Check

bluenoser

Banned
Hi there Rick.

I'll let John comment on having that feature directly in the forum (I'm not sure if vbulletin has a spell check plugin or not).

However I use FireFox as my browser and when I'm typing the spell checker add-on that I use in FireFox automatically spell checks as I go. I find this feature indispensable! If a word is misspelled it gets underlined in a red-squiggly line and when I right click on it then the correction spelling will present itself. Just click on it and presto! Spell check done!

bobmielke

I think I will, after my next body upgrade :)

My first computer was a 2 floppy drive IBM Pc with an 8088 processor, 256K of RAM & no hard drive. I had a 13" RGB monitor and an Epson FX-100 dot matrix printer. Total cost = $4800 paid off through payroll deduction. What could I buy today with $4800 + inflation? LOL

Rick M

My first computer was a 2 floppy drive IBM Pc with an 8088 processor, 256K of RAM & no hard drive. I had a 13" RGB monitor and an Epson FX-100 dot matrix printer. Total cost = $4800 paid off through payroll deduction. What could I buy today with $4800 + inflation? LOL

It is amazing now what you get for much less (although thats only true of so few things). I'll bet you were excited when you got it!

Adjusted for inflation, you could probably buy the best Nikon camera, lens and Apple!

Now don't you wish you had put that in the bank :)

Sambr

Hi there Rick.

I'll let John comment on having that feature directly in the forum (I'm not sure if vbulletin has a spell check plugin or not).

However I use FireFox as my browser and when I'm typing the spell checker add-on that I use in FireFox automatically spell checks as I go. I find this feature indispensable! If a word is misspelled it gets underlined in a red-squiggly line and when I right click on it then the correction spelling will present itself. Just click on it and presto! Spell check done!

I use Google Chrome does the same as Firefox

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Actually, there is a spell check feature if you are using Internet Explorer. You have to download a plugin to use it though. The icon will appear in the quick reply and advanced editors.

spell_nikonites.jpg

But yeah, the alternative is the browser spell check that is built into most newer browsers. I use that most of the time. (in my case Chrome)