D5100 AEB Continuous and Remote

Augmented Fifth

Hello D5100 users,

I place my camera on tripod, set up Auto bracketing sequence and continuous mode, now how do I tell it to start capturing images in burst mode with my IR remote? as I dont want to press the shutter by hand and introduce vibrations. Is it possible at all?

fotojack

Seems to me you'd just press the remote button and let 'er rip, right? Hold the button in until it stops taking pictures.

Augmented Fifth

I tried pressing the remote but it did nothing.... The following is from the manual. Its a bit confusing....

Release Modes

Single frame:
Camera takes one photograph each time shutter-release button is pressed.
Continuous:
While shutter-release button is held down, camera records up to 4 frames per second.
Self-timer:
Use self-timer for self-portraits or to reduce blurring caused by camera shake
Delayed remote:
Shutter is released 2s after shutter-release button on optional ML-L3 remote control is pressed.
Quick-response remote:
Shutter is released when shutter-release button on optional ML-L3 remote control is pressed.
Quiet shutter release:
As for single frame, except that mirror does not click back into place while shutter-release button is fully pressed, allowing user to control timing of click made by mirror, which is also quieter than in single frame mode. Also, beep does not sound when camera focuses, keeping noise to a minimum in quiet surroundings.

Do you think it can be done? I bought the tripod and the remote solely with this in mind.... :(

fotojack

This may be a silly question, but....are there batteries in that ML-L3 remote? I'm just guessing here, 'cause I don't have that particular model. Make sure all the connections are on and tight, nothing blocking the IR signal....you know...things like that. And of course, Continuous Mode, right?

Hopefully someone with a D5100 and has experience in this can chime in to get you set up on this. Let me know how it turns out, OK?

Augmented Fifth

Thank you Jack, yes I went through the basic check list.
The IRRemote has batteries and it does work when I switch to Delayed remote/Quick-response remote modes.
But the fact remains I can not trigger burst mode continuous shooting with the IR Remote.
Does any one here have a cabled shutter release here? Does that work in this scenario?
Thanks in advance.
regards

Clayton

There is a setting in the shutter release menu to set the remote to continuous. I've used it a few times, works well enough.

David1957

I know this is now an old conversation but I recently had the same problem and google brought me here. I found that setting the CAMERA to remote shutter release (with bracketing on) and the REMOTE DEVICE itself to continuous works well.

I know this is now an old conversation but I recently had the same problem and google brought me here. I found that setting the CAMERA to remote shutter release (with bracketing on) and the REMOTE DEVICE itself to continuous works well.
Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

FAQ

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Become a Contributing Member