newbie with a lot to learn

coach

Hi everyone just bought the 3100 yesterday my first dslr. Feeling a little overwelmed but also very excited. looking forward to asking all the dumb questions that us new to the dslr world ask. lol

bluenoser

Banned
Hey there coach! Wonderful to have you aboard! Congrats on your new DSLR!!

Listen, we all had to start somewhere, and trust me, we've all asked our fair share of beginner type questions. We like to "pay it" forward here as they say. Feel free to ask away - no such thing as a stupid question (well okay there is but we won't tell you! LOL! :))

PS. I thought "coaches" knew everything? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

bobmielke

Welcome "coach"! This is an exciting time to be a photographer. We're nearing Spring as we enter March tomorrow and I, for one, is chomping at the bit to get out and shoot. Don't hesitate to ask all the questions you like. Take your shoes off and pull up a cushy chair. You're home!

coach

Thanks everyone. I have already learned one important lesson. Never ever buy a new camera in late Feb when you live in Michigan. I was dying to get out and take some pictures, so yesterday we drive out to a National wildlife refugee near our home. Very little snow on the ground temps in the low 40s equal very drab and dreary day and tons of mud. Now I know you can get some interesting shots no matter the weather but I dont own any hip waiters. lol I did find a playground with one of those plastic play structures that had some color. Oh well its off to Florida in a couple of weeks, I will drive my grandchildren nuts for a few weeks. Already learning alot just by reading these forums. Again Thanks.