MB-D11 battery pack vs. off-brand packs

DW_

I have been looking into battery packs for my D7000 and was surprised to see the giant gap in prices between the Nikon pack and the various non-Nikon packs. Although I would have no problem forking out extra cash for a Nikon/Nikkor lens but is it reasonable that a Nikon battery pack is really 5x better than these off brand packs?

Sambr

I have the "Real Nikon version" no problems what so ever - my friend has a "knockoff" looks just like me however it has battery drain issues. He has to remove the battery at night otherwise it will be drained in no time. This a common issue with knockoffs. Not all mind you but most.

fotojack

Also, with the "Real Nikon version", you can register it with Nikon, and if anything goes wrong with it, at least it will be under warranty.

Putting the cheap one on would be like putting Motomaster tires on a Testarosa. :)

AxeMan - Rick S.

I have two grips that came with third party batteries I have not had much luck with them compared to my Nikon batteries that came with both camera bodies.

This has been brought up in other threads and it was mentioned, if your going to spend $1000+ for a camera, why would you go cheap on the batteries?

I will continue to use my third party batteries as a back up to my Nikons, but when it comes time to replace then I will be buying OEM batteries.

Just my opinion

emoxley

I think the Op is talking about the grip, more than the batteries.
I recently bought the MB-D11 and love it. The build quality is better than the third party grips, from everything I've read. I've also read that the dials on the third party grips work in reverse of the ones on the camera. The ones on the MB-D11 work the same as the camera. Definitely stick with the original. It adds a little weight, but now balances better with my 70-300mm lens on the camera.