Shutter Speed 1/250 s
F-Number f/8
ISO ISO 125
Exposure Bias Value 0.00 eV
Metering Mode Pattern
Flash Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length 22 mm
White Balance Auto white balance
Date/Time Original 21/02/2012 11:44:07 a.m.
I would welcome comments on this image.

Mjaydakid

Philnz, I am a newby who is just learning how to use his toy. I like your pic. It tells a story and gives the viewer a chance to reflect, himself. Being a newby, I am asking you to accept the following as coming from one who knows not what he's talking about. It is hard to discern the subject of the picture. The eye is drawn to the opening in the monument. I suggest a bit of bokeh to bring the viewers attention to back to your lovely wife and/or her reflection. Especially on the plant in the foreground. I hope you can tell I am just learning about composition.
Guys, let me know if I am full of it or what?

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I really like the concept and execution. From a composition view, I agree with Mjaydakid that the parking lot in the center of the image is distracting and where the eye goes first. I wonder if you had moved more to the side to close the gap between the walls if the image would work better? I realize it might not be possible to get the reflection of your wife - at that time. A different time of day might be required. Regardless, great concept!

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
let me know if I am full of it or what?

Actually a pretty good call.

I agree with Eduard and Mjaydakid. Great concept, but just too much in the photo. Try a different angle and a little closer (maybe from behind your wife somewhat) and perhaps in black and white. Great potential with this one.

ohkphoto

Snow White
[h=2]Re: Time to reflect[/h]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Philnz Thanks.But that man is my wife.
My sincerest apologies. I was looking at the photo on my lap top, which has a 14" screen. I honestly couldn't see much of the figure and just assumed. Again, my apologies.​
Admit it, Jack. You were watching a hockey game at the same time you were posting here. I'm still laughing.

jcottone45

I like the picture despite the gap in the middle, maybe stand directly in back of the person sitting might help, though It may not give the same effect as shown above.

Philnz

Thank you all for your input. I do agree with you about the gap in the wall, I had wondered about doing something about the gap,like putting a tree in, with post editing,but I did not want to play around with it to much . I did try taking it from another angle, but lost the refection. I may have a play and post again if that is ok
Regards Phil

Last edited:

fotojack

Admit it, Jack. You were watching a hockey game at the same time you were posting here. I'm still laughing.

hehe...no, seriously, I didn't even notice the gender of the person sitting there. I was looking at the rest of the composition more than anything. I should have paid more attention, I guess. :) I hope Phil isn't too pissed off at me.

Last edited:

Philnz

hehe...no, seriously, I didn't even notice the gender of the person sitting there. I was looking at the rest of the composition more than anything. I should have paid more attention, I guess. :) I hope Phil isn't too pissed off at me.
Me Pissed off with you Jack? Never after 46 years of marrage I know she is a woman, and a must say a very nice one.

Rick M

Big improvement! Nice shot.

I like her reflection and the plant in the forground which gives you a sense that you are undetected and capturing a "private" moment.

Last edited: