"Big Time NOISE!!" (??)

bluenoser

Banned
I took my son to the Toronto Raptor's game this past Friday (vs. Charlotte Bobcats). Unfortunately on this night the Raptors were sleep walking through the whole game which had the effect of putting their fans fast asleep. Not to be deterred, in the waning minutes of the game, the Raptor's mascot tried to incite the comatose fan base into a rapturous cheering frenzy. As you can see it did not have the desired effect

(I chose selective colour here to further emphasize the disconnect between the message being delivered by the mascot and the half-hearted response from the fans).
Toronto Raptor's Mascot
by bluenoser23, on Flickr

Last edited:

bluenoser

Banned
Nice, love the use of selective color! The fans do look lackluster, almost looks like 2 seperate images layered

Thanks very much for your comments Rick. Well Toronto sports fan aren't really known for being overly enthusiastic (we're a pretty quiet bunch). I see what you mean about it looking like 2 separate images though. It really struck me how there was such a disconnect between the mascot and the fans right behind him. The guy right behind his tail looks like he just had his nap disturbed! :) Thanks again.

LOL love it James :) but where are the "Raptore girls" ?

Hey Sam! Ah the Raptor gals! Well I did manage to get a couple of shots of them but I just thought you'd rather see the mascot first! :) Thanks for commenting pal.

(and thank you for the "likes" everyone! :))