refurbished 7000

Just-Clayton

have come down to getting a refurbished d7000 from Nikon usa. with that i am ordering a sb-700. at B and H photo i have chose to get an AF 28mm,50mm and a 60mm macro or should i go with an 85mm macro.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd take the 85. Could be a nice portrait lens as well. I have the 105 (sigma) and sometimes wish I'd have the 150. So I would think 60 would bring you too close. 1st it can scare little critters, 2nd when you get too close you cut the light from the subject...

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
with the refurbished d7000's, my first question is 'what was wrong with it to begin with' then 'what/how was it fixed?'.

Just-Clayton

I just contacted the Nikon store and the refurbished cameras have a 90 day warranty. but the girl worried me when i asked her what was fixed or replaced. she said if camera works like a new one, COnGRATS!!! If not then it still has a problem!! LOL.

Rick M

When spending that kind of money on high tech gear or optics, I would save up the $200 more and get new. I would hate to spend $1100 and wonder if something was wrong with it. For $200 more you get new and a full year warranty, I would stay away from the refurb, not enough savings vs. worry.

Rick M

Just offering my opinion, it's allot of money to put out for anything which might be less than perfect. The D5100 has the same great sensor (and image quality) as the D7000, new for about $650 (body only) and has more features than the D3100, I am enjoying that upgrade.

Eye-level

Banned
5100 I thought you were shooting with a 3100??? I agree with you 100% Rick...

Want to bet the refurb had the backfocus issue and now all is good??? :)

Last edited: