white fringe

evan

Banned
hi, how do i prevent, or remove white fringing from a photo? i am getting a little with my 70-300 g ed vr lens on both my d90 and d7000. its not that bad, but i would rather avoid it.:confused:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
What do you mean by white fringe? Clipped highlights? Can you show us an example with the capture (aperture, etc.) info?

evan

Banned
20111203_48.JPGhhher:confused:

Eye-level

Banned
Chromatic aberration usually shows up as red, green, blue, yellow, etc. I don't know about white but maybe that has something to do with the glass coatings???

If it is indeed chromatic aberration most up to date photo manipulation programs can help with the issue through lens correction tools.

evan

Banned
i know there is a lot of post-processiing on it, but it was on the original image. does not happen on all pics. i cant seem to edit it out. the worse lens for this was the tamron 11-18, (got shot of it!).

Pierro

Its not much help posting the image with the problem already processed out. If its on the original image, then post that so someone can see whats going on.
Leave the Exif intact

I must admit i havent heard of white fringing - only purple. PFK is a great plugin for CS4 - i use it when needed for CA

Dr Daniels

If it's a post-processing issue and if you are using Camera Raw, just don't abuse the 'Fill light' and 'Clarity' sliders in certain circumstances, e.g., under exposed shots. Not sure if it's the problem here.