Out OF Box Technique

bobmielke

Every now & then I've have a photo where I missed the whole subject when composing. Rather than deleting the shot I can occasionally save the shot by doing what is known as an "Out Of Box" composition. The subject seems to leave the picture frame and acquire a three dimensional quality. I like the technique as it's a different was to portray a subject.

Tiger-Tiger-XL.jpg

Will V|Photography

I get the technique, and the reasoning for it, but I find the text in the photo you posted really distracting. If you did a smaller border and lost the "TIGER TIGER 2011" I think it could be a pretty strong edit.

bobmielke

I get the technique, and the reasoning for it, but I find the text in the photo you posted really distracting. If you did a smaller border and lost the "TIGER TIGER 2011" I think it could be a pretty strong edit.

When I started this project is was an attempt at making a poster. To that end the TIGER TIGER Theme fits. Again, this was simply a lesson in the technique without the final photo being anything more. Thanks for your insite.

bobmielke

I see. Please don't take my post as being offensive, I was merely giving my take on the edit. Good job nonetheless.

I am not offended in any way. I've heard similar comments on this exact shot before. I learn by playing with editing software as well as seeing tutorials on techniques. I make custom greeting cards, calendars and more just to push the envelope of my artistic side. I even designed my own Christmas wrapping paper from a tree professionally decorated by an interior designer. Keep the comments coming.

Christmas-Wrap-XL.jpg