Nikon Shipments??

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
With the D4 and D800 recent announcements, my guess is that they are running now. I've read that the plan is to produce up to 5000 D800 a month. There seems to be a D7000 shortage though. When I look at my local Nikon dealer's website, the only cameras they have in stock are the 3100 and 5100. There has to be time between manufacturing and on the shelf availability. I wonder how long it takes for a shipment to arrive on shelf in North America.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
You should read Thom Hogan's blog entry for February 3rd. "In less than one year, Nikon has completely replaced its entire DSLR manufacturing capacity while increasing DSLR production." When you consider the points he makes, you have to hand it to Nikon's management team.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
You should read Thom Hogan's blog entry for February 3rd. "In less than one year, Nikon has completely replaced its entire DSLR manufacturing capacity while increasing DSLR production." When you consider the points he makes, you have to hand it to Nikon's management team.

Side note: I really wish he would update his site to something from this century. It would make it so much better.