D5000 and White Balance

Eye-level

Banned
I was kind of wondering how the white balance controls work on the D5000 being that you are unable to set kelvin temperatures specifically so if someone would be so kind as to give the lay of the land I would be very grateful... :)

And if there is another thread already here about this topic please let me know...

Obir

I found this going through the d5000 manual.
I believe you can also fine tune them and make custom settings.
Hope this helps.

1.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
Thanks a million Obir!!! I'm getting the camera and cords and what not but I don't think I will be getting the manual and I haven't checked Butkus yet...

I think I have heard white balance described or thought of as sort of the "film" or perhaps "types of film" of the digital environment so naturally I'm very interested in manipulating it. First serious thing I am going to do when I get that camera in hand is set it about 5500K and go outside during the golden hour. And so thanks again Obir now I know which symbol I need... :)

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks a million Obir!!! I'm getting the camera and cords and what not but I don't think I will be getting the manual and I haven't checked Butkus yet...

I think I have heard white balance described or thought of as sort of the "film" of the digital environment so naturally I'm very interested in it. First serious thing I am going to do when I get that camera in hand is set it about 5500K and go outside during the golden hour. And so thanks again Obir now I know which symbol I need... :)

So when are you getting it for real? I for one can't wait to share your excitement with the first digital images. You know you'll have to pace yourself not to flood de forum with too many pictures :)

Have a nice weekend.

Eye-level

Banned
I still have the F2 and it is an amazing camera in and of itself...I'm gonna take some snaps this weekend with it.

But yeah I'm kicking myself in the shin for not getting two day delivery...dang it what the heck was I thinking...

Last edited: