D4 or D800E?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
After trying both cameras, I am now a believer of this new technology. Simply awesome cameras. One must try it to appreciate the performance of these two cameras. The D800 with its larger LCD screen can provide more details when viewing images that you just took which matches the 36mp beast.

However, the D4 is like a fast super car that has improved AF and video. The CP show in Yokohama was great. I was tired by the end of the day. All camera makers concentrated on the integration of HD videos with DSLRs. 36mp might be the answer to show images on the 1440p HDTV monitors. :cool:

Nikon D800 with D700 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Nikon D800 and D4 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Eye-level

Banned
What is that about 15K worth of gear or so??? :)

Personally I think the D4 is just super sleak and almost sexy but I'd probably go for the 800 because of the purist factor...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Were you sad you had to leave them there? :)

I read that Nikon USA have stopped taking pre-orders because of the quantity already sold or promised. Wedding photogs just want them before the summer for sure.

Canon will have to come up with something fast or they'll just loose the market. Although I suspect that both Canon and Nikon's presidents visit each others and play golf together. If I just look at their lens stables, they seem to follow each other pretty closely.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Extremely Sad Marcel.

I saw the 1Dx and its not even a comparison. The D4 is just so robust in so many ways. A 5D MkIII might not even cut it if the 1Dx is their flagship.

sbertone

As someone who has both, I use each camera for a different purpose. I use the D4 for event photography because it focuses perfectly in low light and has smaller file sizes. I use the D800E for landscape, portraits, and sports because the image quality is stunning.