Subscriptions to threads

Pierro

If subscribed to a thread, should we get notification by email that a post has been made ? I dont get any emails - I just search the threads i posted in or started to see if there are any replies. I have all subscriptions listed in settings to get ' instant ' notifications

Last edited:

bluenoser

Banned
Perhaps it's going into your spam or junk email folder - have you checked there?

Also, if you use more than 1 email address, check your other addresses for the notifications (I had that happen before! :))

Pierro

Thanks guys - only one email address and thats the one i registered with. Nothing in spam box. I didnt even know yourself and James had replied till i logged in and physically looked at this thread

I checked my subbed threads and all are ticked for Instant Notify - but.... I've just seen an extra action ( drop down box ) for instant email. So i i have checked that, and see what happens - Cheers for the help !

Last edited:

Pierro

Nope ! Nothing - should have had 2 emails, since 2 of you have responded, but still nothing.

I guess the Subs Thread action is as stoned as the Search function :cool::cool:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nope ! Nothing - should have had 2 emails, since 2 of you have responded, but still nothing.

I have subscribed to a few threads and only get emails like the next day. It's not like instant messaging I would guess. It doesn't bother me too much as I've set my preferences to go straight to threads that I haven't read or are new so I can pick what I want to follow.

Carolina Photo Guy

Okay, dumb question here. When you updated your subscription preferences, did you click on the "GO" button at the bottom of the box?

If you don't click that button, nothing changes.

Just a thought.

Pierro

yeah i ticked that little GO box - every thread in my Subs list is on Instant. But i wouldnt mind if it took a day to notify me. I just dont get any at all

Maybe i should set my prefs as Marcel does. It still means i wont know if i have replies or posts till i log on. I'd log on sooner if knew there were new posts in my Subs thread

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hrm, I found this in the logs:

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<your e-mail>:
host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [173.194.66.27]:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1.1 'This Gmail user does not exist...' - Gmail Help

Double check your e-mail address and change as necessary.

Pierro

yeah could be - but then how did i register and get confirmation ??

Thanks jdeg - will check now

Last edited:

Pierro

Ok - checked the email in my settings and one letter was missing . How bizarre... How could i register with an incorrect email address ? Didnt i get a notification that my registration was complete or something ?

Anyways jdeg, thanks for sorting that out buddy

bluenoser

Banned
Ok - checked the email in my settings and one letter was missing . How bizarre... How could i register with an incorrect email address ?

duh.gif
duh.gif
duh.gif
mys_solved1.gif

To jdeg:

clapping.gif

(glad you got it sorted out Pierro :))

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Ok - checked the email in my settings and one letter was missing . How bizarre... How could i register with an incorrect email address ? Didnt i get a notification that my registration was complete or something ?

Anyways jdeg, thanks for sorting that out buddy

Actually, the e-mail confirmation is turned off. I forgot for a min that I turned it off. No problem :)