Faceless Self Challenge Winner

ohkphoto

Snow White

Jengajoh
was the winner of the Faceless Self challenge. Congratulations, Jen!

I'd like to try something with the weekly challenge.

1. You may have noticed that I've been listing "judging criteria" for each challenge I post. The "teacher" in me would like to provide all the participants with feedback. I'd do it in the form of a blog where each photo is rated according to the judging criteria listed in the respective challenge. This way you all could see my reasoning for my choice of winner. Keeping in mind that "judging" photos is very subjective, including judging criteria helps to put a little bit of objectivity back in. Of course, the downside of doing this is the "whiney hiney's" who will attack because they don't like the choice or understand the process. But, I have faith that the majority of our members (especially the regulars) are mature enough to take advantage of this.

2. I'd like to invite "guest challenge posters". If you have an idea to post for a challenge, along with the judging criteria, PM me and I will post it for the following week. Remember to make it a "challenge" and have the judging criteria match the topic. If the topic is too narrow, people get bored. For example, a topic like "windows" would be ok if your criteria were something like 80% technique and 20% creativity. So everybody would use their best techniques to get a pretty perfect photo of a window. But if you change it to, "windows into tomorrow", then immediately, you have to start thinking differently.

These are just my thoughts to keep the challenges interesting.

jengajoh

Awesome! Thanks!

but.. I'm confused, have things changed since the last time I won? What do I do? :D:confused:

No whining, I'm cool, change is good... just tell me what to do.:)

ohkphoto

Snow White
but.. I'm confused, have things changed since the last time I won? What do I do?

You don't have to do a thing, Jen. We decided to not make the winners post the challenge, at least for awhile, and for several reasons.

bluenoser

Banned
Congrats Jen!!! Well deserved!

Thanks for putting so much effort into the weekly challenges Helene. It's appreciated. :)

PS. I'll try my best to keep my hiney from being too whiney! ;)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
By the way, I'd like to apologize for falling behind on posting winners of the challenges. I'd like to get back on track with this asap.

Mjaydakid

OHK, If its not against the rules, please post the winning contribution. Or tell me how to find it. I, being a newby, need to take every opportunity to view and learn.

bluenoser

Banned
OHK, If its not against the rules, please post the winning contribution. Or tell me how to find it. I, being a newby, need to take every opportunity to view and learn.

Well here is where the list of weekly winners is compiled: Nikonites - Nikon Community & Forum - Photo of the Week (however it requires a bit of updating).

However, like you, I find it a bit difficult to track down the winners of the POTW (and I'm not a newbie! :)) My strong belief is that the winners should - in addition to the usual separate winner compilation thread - be posted for each POTW within their respective threads. That would make things so much easier. Perhaps just a link within the actual POTW submissions thread to where the announcement was made so the winning entry could be seen and congratuations offered. No offense to anyone here (please none is intended) but the winner announcements for the POTW needs tweaking.

ohkphoto

Snow White
However, like you, I find it a bit difficult to track down the winners of the POTW (and I'm not a newbie! :)) My strong belief is that the winners should - in addition to the usual separate winner compilation thread - be posted for each POTW within their respective threads. That would make things so much easier. Perhaps just a link within the actual POTW submissions thread to where the announcement was made so the winning entry could be seen and congratuations offered. No offense to anyone here (please none is intended) but the winner announcements for the POTW needs tweaking.

Thanks for answering this. Great ideas here, James. I agree. Tweaking is needed, but I feel abandoned here . . . sigh

Philnz

Thanks for answering this. Great ideas here, James. I agree. Tweaking is needed, but I feel abandoned here . . . sigh
Sorry to hear that. But as a new boy on the block who abandoned you? I agree with the last post I have trouble in this regard.

Last edited: