Weekly Challenge: Feb 1 - Feb 8: Outside, Looking In

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Outside, Looking In
Weekly Challenge: Feb 1 – Feb 8

_SSC0259-Edit.jpg

Your challenge for the Week of Feb 1 – Feb 8 is to create a photo that represents the theme, "Outside, Looking In". Be as conceptual and original as you want and choose any subject you like.

Judging criteria: 60% impact
10% creativity/composition
30% technique

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on Jan. 25 (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules
1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Carolina Photo Guy

Outside looking in..jpg

Outside Looking In

NOT FOR CONSIDERATION!!!

I was inspired by Will V! His freelensing gave me the idea for this shot.

I just put the camera on auto, pointed it at my eye and waited for the AF to beep.

Pretty good focus, damn good camera!

Last edited:

Just-Clayton

Well not my best shooting. Window was dirty and the screen was in, so i noised it up a little to cover the dirt and screen.

Attachments

• DSC_0009 (800x550).jpg
    DSC_0009 (800x550).jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 362

Mis Adam

This is the outside looking in I hate the most. One minute its there and the next, well.. uh, who knows.

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Hamilton

dsc08606.a.jpg

This photo is not for judging. The photographer is my 17-year-old daughter and the subject is her idol Taylor Swift. As time goes on I’m realizing that my daughter has a very good photographic eye. The “shutter bug” has not hit her, but if it does her potential is unlimited. She also has a father that is pretty much willing to back her if she asks for a nicer camera and lessons.

I decided to post this picture because it shows “Outside, looking in” at so many levels. If you know Taylor swift fans you know that each one of them has an individual way of looking into her heart, and she a way of looking back. She is an amazing role model for young people.

The picture itself has Taylor in the monitor looking into her own concert, and the close up makes it appear as though she is keeping a watchful eye over her young fans.

hotrocks

This picture is of a family making their wishes, or offerings at a Shinto shrine in Okinawa. Some believe this is a way to connect to their ancestral culture, so this picture takes dual meaning to outside looking in.

pray.jpg

Model:
NIKON D90

DateTime:
2012:02:05 20:10:26

ISOSpeedRatings:

ExposureTime:
1/160

MaxApertureValue:

FNumber:

Focal Length:
25 mm