Dust in the viewfinder

invaliduser

I'm randomly getting specs of dust in my viewfinder and then they will disappear and come back but in different spots. I have blown the area out and sometimes they stay no matter how much time I spend pumping at it with the little hand air pump. They just randomly go away on their own

It doesn't affect my picture but it's getting quite annoying having a speck or two when looking through the viewfinder.

Do any of you have this issue?

Rick M

I would not blast air into your camera body, or are you talking about the outside? If it is the inside I would use a swab or damp lens tissue to remove the dust. You should not try to blow dust around inside a digital camera.

invaliduser

I was blasting at the outside viewfinder spot above the display screen where your eye looks through. I've checked the mirror and the shiny frosted glass like bit above the mirror and I can't see anything anywhere. The dot has gone away now but I'm sure it'll be back to drive me crazy

I'll get a nice small soft brush sometime this week. Thanks!

fotojack

I was blasting at the outside viewfinder spot above the display screen where your eye looks through. I've checked the mirror and the shiny frosted glass like bit above the mirror and I can't see anything anywhere. The dot has gone away now but I'm sure it'll be back to drive me crazy

I'll get a nice small soft brush sometime this week. Thanks!

Get a LensPen. They come in two sizes...small and regular. It has the proper brush for cleaning lenses. Don't just use any old brush, or you'll scratch the lens.

Another brush to use is a NEW, unused makeup brush. They're expensive, but they are awesome for cleaning lenses. If you get a used brush, clean it with rubbing alcohol and let dry for a day. Just a tip from my film days. :)