Refurbished cameras??

Just-Clayton

Has anyone bought refurbished from Nikon. Since the 300s are out of stock i was looking on the nikon site and they have a 300s for 1500 and a 700 for 2500. In my oppinion when the plant gets back to production you wont see the 300s or the 700 come out any way.

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
As long as they come with the factory warranty I would think you'd be okay. Make sure they're not grey market either. Which site did you find them on?

ohkphoto

Snow White
Make sure they're not grey market either.

If they're refurbished by the nikon--I'm guessing you found these on the Nikon outlet store --they won't be grey market. They will not work on gray market products --it's on the paperwork if you send in a product for repair --I guess they can tell by serial number.

Just-Clayton

also if i decide to go with the d700 what lens should i start with. the camera itself will closely break me. so, was thinking of using older AF lenses for now. As for the lenses i do have that will fit it are my manual vivitar 24mm ,manual nikon 28mm,AF tamron 70-300, manual nikon 50mm, and an AF 35-70mm nikon.
Was just looking at 50 and 85mm af. or if i could swing the 85 and a 28-300.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
also if i decide to go with the d700 what lens should i start with. the camera itself will closely break me. so, was thinking of using older AF lenses for now. As for the lenses i do have that will fit it are my manual vivitar 24mm ,manual nikon 28mm,AF tamron 70-300, manual nikon 50mm, and an AF 35-70mm nikon.
Was just looking at 50 and 85mm af. or if i could swing the 85 and a 28-300.

I recommend the 28-80 3.3-5.6. It feels cheap plastic, but it does have great color rendition and does close-ups. Got mine for $50. And it's very light with snappy focus. It's a lens that often sits on my D-700 for walkabouts.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Any products sold from Nikon as refurbished are almost good as new. They replace any parts that are defective, clean the sensor, check auto focus, etc.

Re: D700. It is best if you figure out what you are going to take pictures of. Don't rush in getting a whole bunch of lenses like what I did. Do your researches and save money for that lens. As a reference, 24mm on FX is pretty wide for group shots or landscape. Nikon D lenses are a good start and are much cheaper than the G lenses but they have their trade-offs since the newer lenses are much sharper.

I would start with the Nikon 50mm f1.8G and 85mm f1.8G. A 24mm f2.8D prime lens will be a good addition to cover the wide end.

You'll be buying additional items such as CF cards, extra batteries, and possibly a battery grip. So, be aware of these items that can add up to your total cost.

Just-Clayton

OK! Running on the same subject. i will be able to order a camera by this weekend. I noticed on Ritz camera they have a Refurbished d7000 90 day factory waranty and 1 year extended warranty. to me the pixels and the price are the biggest difference in this camera. if i go 7000 i can grab another prime lens or a second sb-700. what to do. what to do!!

Eye-level

Banned
If it was me I would go full frame...

I'm fixing to be pissed off at Fed Ex if they don't bring me my refurb TODAY!!!! Them sorry son of a bucks... :)