D300s Discontinued (According to Nikon Rumors)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
it is weird that they would discontinue a previous model before a new one comes out.

Not really since it takes time to switch production lines. Also, they would like to sell the balance of the production before the new comes out otherwise they get stuck with many older models or they have to heavily discount them.
JMHO

Stangman98

What I don't understand is people's OBSESSION with getting the largest Mpix sensor humanly possible. I don't need a 24Meg sensor. No one really does. They just think they do. I will stick with my D300 and Maybe get a D700 when the price plummets laster this year.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
What I don't understand is people's OBSESSION with getting the largest Mpix sensor humanly possible. I don't need a 24Meg sensor. No one really does. They just think they do. I will stick with my D300 and Maybe get a D700 when the price plummets laster this year.

Stop reading my mind!

Berkerk

Nikon have since released a statement that the discontinuation is due to the cameras no longer meeting new Japanese laws regarding harmful/hazardous materials use.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Na, it has to do with the batteries. You'll notice that the new batteries in the D4 and D800 are actually smaller then their predecessors.

westmill

Banned
Ive decided 16 million pixels is just about perfect for APSC I hope the D400 gets the same sensor as the D7000.
Perfection mmmmmmm ;)