Weekly Challenge Jan. 25-Feb. 1: Toy Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

1742911_n.jpg

Toy Story

Weekly Challenge Jan. 25 - Feb. 1

Your challenge this week is to get creative and animate some toys! The possibilities here are nearly endless, so snatch up the kid's (or grandkids) toys and go to work in bringing them alive. Photos of dolls just sitting on a shelf are boring, and simply will not do!

Incidentally, I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, so anyone using those action figures will receive brownie points.

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on Feb. 1st...so get those photos in!

The Rules
  1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Mike150

This is a commemorative doll made to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Hershey's Kiss.
She sits there offering you a kiss (one with her lips and the other in her hand). Technically, she's a dust gathering machine, but her original intention was to be a toy.
Just an FYI (but Pete already knew this). The first Hershey's Kiss was made in 1909.

2012-ToyStory.jpg

Dave Hamilton

The Mardi Gras season starts on the 12th night after Christmas and ends on Fat Tuesday (the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday). Celebrations take place all over the world. My daughter's old bears got dressed up and paid an official Mardi Gras visit to the Pope. Here they are looking out of the balcony at his apartment that over looks St. Peter's Square! It was a long way to go for a picture for this week's challenge, but it was worth it to get a picture of them on the balcony.By the way, the Pope also shoots with a Nikon!!! In his case the X in DX is for Χριστος.

mg_bears_3_641674.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't have any small children and toys, but brought this back from Cancun for my grand-daughter.

So here's Nemo's revenge:

Nemo's revenge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.