What artists inspire you? Do you display your own photographs?

Dave Hamilton

Everyone here is a photographer, therefore we are all artists. I was wondering what other artists inspire the people here? Also, do you frame and display your pictures in your home and/or office?

As for me, I collect the Art of WyLand, Roy Gonzalez Tabora, George Rodrigue, Floyd Sonnier, and Eric Waugh. In my home I proudly display seven of my pictures taken in Guatemala and Hawaii. In my office I have about 15 of my pictures. Most were taken in Hawaii or Guatemala, but a few were also taken in New York and Alaska.

Eye-level

Banned
Let me see...I have a pretty cool rock n roll poster collection...my wife is into Mucha so we have Mucha crap everywhere...we have several french advertising poster repros around the house...several chinese woodblock prints...my kid's school stuff is magnetized to the fridge...my art library is outstanding...everybody from Lautrec to Dali to Warhol to Basquiat to Rembrandt to Picasso to Degas to O' Keefe and Cassatt and even Madonna! LOL to all of the Impressionists and on and on and on...I work in an applied arts industry basically making stuff everyday...I get into photography too...Steichen and Steiglitz...I forget the decorative arts like Tiffany....many of our Christmas ornaments are stained glass pieces made by my wife's grandpa but I digress...I like Vivian Maier but I absolutely hate what is being done with her negatives...all of the magnum guys...Weegee who famously said "Set it at F8 and get the shot!"

Yeah I am into art in a big way...there are a few of my photos in frames out there by people's bedsides and on the hallway walls but I don't really frame anything for myself or make any kind of photo albums for that matter...I probably ought to though...

Here is some of my work upholstery wise...made the cushions and panels for this rig right before Christmas...
I do art for a living... :)

001-1.jpg

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
There are many artists I admire, but my mom was and still is my inspiration, in all things artistic. As far as what's on my walls, it's photos I've taken of special moments, photos and artwork created by my mom, photos of pets and people I love, some of them here in spirit only, I surround myself with photos that I have an emotional connection with.

_DSC0406.jpg