Picasa - mass uploads?

Rasmus

Hi all

I've been trying to backup my entire photo collection to my picasa account, and it's sort of working. But i have to select each folder manually and do several clicks, to point out that i just want it on my personal storage, and not available on google+ and whatnot.

Isn't there a simple way for the picasa program to sync with the web folders, every time i add a new subfolder to my selected folders? IE everytime i copy a new set of pictures from my camera, and to my 2012 folder?

Rasmus

Any thoughts on this? :) i'm considering dropping picasa, it doesn't feel very user friendly like this.

But i don't really know any alternatives

GeneralSQL

The problem I had with Picasa is the amount of photos I have. It gets very slow the more photos that it manages. <added> And that is only on my local machine, before going to the web with the photos.

Last edited:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I think the reason you're not getting much of a response is that many photographers have concerns regarding their image licensing terms.

Rasmus

I think the reason you're not getting much of a response is that many photographers have concerns regarding their image licensing terms.

Good point, i hadn't really considered that aspect, since i had the images set as "just for me" - but thinking about it further, i don't really want need them all on display like that all the time, so maybe some other type of storage would be better really.

So new question :) Any cheap'ish and reliable online backup systems you'd recommend? for my precious pictures

Mis Adam

Good point, i hadn't really considered that aspect, since i had the images set as "just for me" - but thinking about it further, i don't really want need them all on display like that all the time, so maybe some other type of storage would be better really.

So new question :) Any cheap'ish and reliable online backup systems you'd recommend? for my precious pictures

I use Snapfish and and external drive.

Patrick M

I bought myself a Synology disk station....twin 2 terabyte drives. Cost about £250 altogether and dead easy to use.....basically plug in a go.
You can use the built in photo uploaded, or more simply, do what I do and connect to it via a file server.
I have the DS211J
This link is to a newer 2bay model...http://www.hardwareheaven.com/revie...skstation-ds212j-nas-review-introduction.html

The beauty of this is that you host your own web site from this too....though you still will need to register a domain name etc. ...

Patrick
_______
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk