The MOON!

Will V|Photography

Sunday night my mom calls me and tells me to run outside and photograph the moon. Knowing she would want to see a picture, I ran out and snapped a few off. They came out alright, at best.

Moon (1.8.11) by FLWill, on Flickr

about an hour or so later I went to let my dog out and brought my camera and tripod with me. Good thing I did because there was about 5-10 minutes of this beautiful moon ring!

Moon Ring (1.8.11) by FLWill, on Flickr

For those that don't know, a moon ring is moon light (which, as we all know, is reflected sunlight) that is refracting off of ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. The hexagonal shape of the crystals makes for a perfect ring "around" the moon.

Pierro

I only have the boring shots od the moon. I blame my mum getting me off the sofa

54h4h0yj02.jpg

am6b2gqvi4.jpg

Rick M

Right then, i need to blame my mum for these boring shost of a nearly full and crescent moon ! /QUOTE]

I just happen to think something with the moon makes it more interesting, It's a matter of opinion.

Those are excellent shots of the moon, albeit a bit boring (to me) :)

evisphoto

Here's my latest forays into shooting the moon.
This one was done during the "blue hour" with a 70-300 VR afs Nikkor at 300MM.

DSC_6536sm.jpg

Same Lens, but due to the differences needed to get the moon and the rest of the scene lit, I actually took two exposures , one of the moon, one if the overall scene, and combined both.

DSC_6658sm.jpg