Downtown Fairmont, WV

Will V|Photography

I went with my girlfriend to visit her family up there for New Years and made it a point to photograph some of their amazing architecture. There are so many great buildings down there and it's so sad that a lot of it is getting abandoned and run down. Glad I got to capture some of it before it really starts going downhill...

Enjoy!

Watson Building by FLWill, on Flickr

Marion County Courthouse by FLWill, on Flickr

Tucker Building by FLWill, on Flickr

Abandoned Block by FLWill, on Flickr

Fairmont Catholic School copper steeple by FLWill, on Flickr

Fairmont Theater by FLWill, on Flickr

High Level Bridge by FLWill, on Flickr

and my first attempt at a triptych...

Abandoned Masonic Temple by FLWill, on Flickr

Last edited:

Will V|Photography

Nice shots Will, I need to get into the "city" more! Like the "cross" over the bridge!

Thanks!! I kind of lucked out with those contrails and the reflection they gave off. You know, this place isn't really much of a city though. I can't wait to get back to Ft. Lauderdale and REALLY open up the creative doors. In the town I'm in now it's really toughto get creative...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Your bridge shot is specially nice. Great you were there and captured it. It stands out from the other shots that are OK, but not as exceptionals as the bridge one.

Will V|Photography

Thanks Marcel, I agree. The bridge was captured on the day before the rest of them were taken. The day I walked around downtown it was cold, overcast, and generally dreary. I enjoyed the architecture too much to let that deter me but I knew the photos wouldn't be very spectacular due to the grey cast on everything.