Pete's Art 52 Project

Carolina Photo Guy

If I am going to grow as an artist, I am going to have to paint. How-ever, I really do enjoy my interactions with everyone here on Nikonites.

Well, I figured out a way through this conundrum.

I am going to take a crack at completing a painting a week for 52 weeks or the end of the world, whichever comes first.

So here, I present ...

"Week One"

Week 1.jpg

Enjoy.

BTW...

This painting is 2.75 in X 2.75 in.

Carolina Photo Guy

Pete I'd never try to talk you out of anything...but isn't 1 painting a week for a whole year kind of ambitious???

Without challenges, where do you get the champions from?

What I am trying to do is to quit making my moods the dominant factor in my painting. As it is now, I paint when I am in the mood.

My mood should be the subject of my paintings, not the reason. I hope that this One a Week challenge will reset my mood switch

to being the secondary reason for my paintings.

How-ever, I also understand that there will be times when I will not be able to complete a painting in a week. Thats why God made

the 2.75 in X 2.75 in canvas that I painted this morning. These will allow me to take an extra week without violating the rule or

the spirit of this personal challenge. Remember, if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail. I am not going to fail at this. I hope! :cool:

Rick M

If I am going to grow as an artist, I am going to have to paint. How-ever, I really do enjoy my interactions with everyone here on Nikonites.

Well, I figured out a way through this conundrum.

I am going to take a crack at completing a painting a week for 52 weeks or the end of the world, whichever comes first.

So here, I present ...

"Week One"

View attachment 7265

Enjoy.

BTW...

This painting is 2.75 in X 2.75 in.

You've just invented the world's first wallet sized painting!, Brilliant! Now go get a patent and retire rich!

Eye-level

Banned
I suppose this is very possible...in fact there is a whole lot of wiggle room...you could make a series of say 4 or 5 sketches and then make one main painting out of what you learned making the sketches.

I trust your brushes are Nikon??? :)

Carolina Photo Guy

I suppose this is very possible...in fact there is a whole lot of wiggle room...you could make a series of say 4 or 5 sketches and then make one main painting out of what you learned making the sketches.

I trust your brushes are Nikon??? :)

Actually, I have many brushes. Lowe & Cornell, Ross, Royal & Langnickel and Grumbacher to name just a few.

I use my Nikon more as a sketchbook than anything else. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

In fact, there is NO wiggle room. I will be COMPLETING a painting a week for 52 weeks. No sketches, drawings or studies. If I find myself needing extra time on a particular painting, I will take advantage of a size differential to complete a small painting in a shorter period of time. :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
Just wait Pete, in 100 years they'll be sold for a fortune in auctions in New York.

Per Pete this AM, looks like it will be 100 years . . . he's not ready to go yet (Pete asked me to reply to this)

Carolina Photo Guy

Week 6

"Transitions"

As most everyone knows, I am NOT a maudlin kind of person. How-ever, I have had some rather close calls over the past few years.

This last one got me to thinking and thats what precipitated this painting. foreground is this life and the background is the next.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Transitions.jpg
    Transitions.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 80

Eye-level

Banned
The sentiment and the birds remind me of Van Gogh...

Please don't tell me you are thinking of cutting off your ear or something even more radical...

I notice that most of your paintings are landscapes...ever do any portraits, still lifes, or abstract type stuff Pete?