My lens has passed on :(

kayte

So, bought myself a new camera bag and was cleaning everything and putting it in all nice when I got to my 70-210mm telephoto. I have had issues for a while- it started to stop extending (it's one of those pull ones to zoom in) to the full 210mm. Well now it won't at all, maybe a bit but not much. So I'm not sure what to do with it, may keep it just for the heck of it cuz it was my favourite lens.

LOL, I had to laugh that I was actually sad when it finally went to lens heaven. But I was...RIP 70-210mm lens

That is all...not much else to say, lol :p

Carolina Photo Guy

So, bought myself a new camera bag and was cleaning everything and putting it in all nice when I got to my 70-210mm telephoto. I have had issues for a while- it started to stop extending (it's one of those pull ones to zoom in) to the full 210mm. Well now it won't at all, maybe a bit but not much. So I'm not sure what to do with it, may keep it just for the heck of it cuz it was my favourite lens.

LOL, I had to laugh that I was actually sad when it finally went to lens heaven. But I was...RIP 70-210mm lens

That is all...not much else to say, lol :p

So....

You are aware that the Nikon Hospital can work miracles, such as raising a lens from the dead? :)

Just a thought.

fotojack

If this is a push/pull lens, they don't stop sliding for no reason. I suspect there's something stuck in the framework of the lens barrel that's jamming it up. Perhaps some grit or lint stuck in there somewhere. I'll bet a good lens tech could fix that up for you and save a perfectly good lens.

NikonThom

I had a screw to come loose and work its way out on one of my zooms. That caused it not to zoom hardly at all. It was in the internal workings, and hard to get to. Very tricky and voids all warranties if you do it yourself, so I suggest getting a good camera repair shop to do it. But it is probably an easy fix for them.

kayte

Oh I think that is why I am holding onto it, as I know that's probably the problem- something just sticking when it shouldn't. But I'm not confident myself to fix it nor do I have the funds to get it fixed at the moment...nearest Nikon person is in Kingston, which is about an hours drive from here. I do know that I could ship it to him, so I may find the site again and just get it done when funds come available.

I'm not worried about warrenties- I'm not sure of the exact age of this lens but I bought it used about 2 years ago. At that time, I aged it at about 10 years old but it could be older. It was in great condition when I got it and still is, except for it sticking, lol.

Carolina Photo Guy

Oh I think that is why I am holding onto it, as I know that's probably the problem- something just sticking when it shouldn't. But I'm not confident myself to fix it nor do I have the funds to get it fixed at the moment...nearest Nikon person is in Kingston, which is about an hours drive from here. I do know that I could ship it to him, so I may find the site again and just get it done when funds come available.

I'm not worried about warrenties- I'm not sure of the exact age of this lens but I bought it used about 2 years ago. At that time, I aged it at about 10 years old but it could be older. It was in great condition when I got it and still is, except for it sticking, lol.

So what you're saying is that its in real good shape except for being a little bit DEAD? :p

kayte

....*stares blankly at Pete and blinks* yes...I guess I did...

wow...just realized how silly that sounded....oy bhahaha....Some days I amaze myself lmao