Marcel's 366__2012

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here we go. Hopefully I'll be able to manage this one without going overboard with more than 1 pic a day.

Yesterday's weather was lousy so we did what we do almost every X-mas Holiday : The annual puzzle :)

puzzle.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Mike, it wasn't me in yesterday's picture. My girlfriend has short hair.

Today's a still life taken at home. Too darn cold to be wandering with my camera outside.

3-366 2012.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Back to piano persons, this photo has a special meaning to me since this was the piano I was working on in 2010 when I had a heart attack. Nice Young Chang 183.

Richard S.jpg

WendyR

I like this, it gives me ideas!! Mooohaaaa. Ok ok a little silly I know but hey..we all have be silly every now and then right? :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The X-mas tree ended outside and is beginning to be covered with snow. It should be picked up next week if they can still see it under the white.

out with the tree.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Back to work so there will be a little less time for pics. But this is the view I had while working at the university this morning. Of course I had to play with some filters to get it more interesting as far as my taste.

university view.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here is yesterday's shot that I only was able to process now. I was using my 105 f2,5 manual focus lens and I still have a hard time focusing right with it specially in low light. Still have a few hours for today's one.

madeleine.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Terrible cold kept me inside all day so this is just a shot with the manual 55 1.2 on the D700. Can't wait to get outside.

8-366 2012.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I am so glad to see this tool in use! You have no idea how many times I have heard the key of "T" out of tune! :)

It's actually sitting on the "D" key tuning pin.
Did you work in the music field Pete? You seem quite knowledgable in musical instruments.

Carolina Photo Guy

The ONLY musical instrument I can play well is the CD Player and then only if it has a remote!

During my lifetime I have been interested in just about everything, so I try to learn as much as I can.

Thats the price we in America pay for having so little nudity on tv! :confused:

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Charming portrait, Marcel!
That 55mm sure has a shallow dof.
Nice shot of the T!

When you refer to "cold", is it weatherwise or as in "you have a cold"?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Charming portrait, Marcel!
That 55mm sure has a shallow dof.
Nice shot of the T!

When you refer to "cold", is it weatherwise or as in "you have a cold"?

Thanks Helene. Yes the 55's dof is paper thin at 1.2 and it's kind of glowing soft. @ f1.8 it gets sharper, the glow goes away, but the dof is still cardboard thin, specially in the close range. I have to admit I had a close-up filter on for the batteries shot.

As far as the cold, I still have a cold, sore throat and am coughing my lungs out. :(

Thanks for the comments also for Rick and Pete.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Today's shot was done of a store front in Bromont, QC. I found this quite accidentally and thought that just the door deserved to be photographed. I hope you'll enjoy the spirit.

vieilleries.jpg