Project 365 2012 Contest

Kim20

Hey, I noticed there are a lot of new project 365's with this new contest! This is great to see, but I do have a question, I did start mine last summer, but I don't intend to stop after one year now, so, do I have to create a new thread for the 2012 contest, or do I just continue with the one I already have going? I tried to change the name of my first one to 2012, but I couldn't figure out how to. Please let me know before the deadline, so I can either change or continue as I am. Thanks :)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hi Kim - I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread specifically for 2012. You can back fill with pics you've taken from Jan 1st to now.

hotrocks

Is it nescessary to take a photo a day, or just provide a photo for a given day? A lot of my days start at 5am and do not end until 6-7pm. I usually do not get the oppertunity to shoot until the weekend.

fotojack

Well, the whole purpose of the 365 Project is to take a photo a day, thereby filling up the calendar year, so yes, you have to shoot one pic a day. :) But hey....if you can't, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's not written in stone or anything. The whole idea is to keep people interested in taking pictures and learning about what they can do with their cameras. If work is interfering with your photography pursuits, I would seriously consider finding another line of work! :) lol

If all you can do is take photos on the weekend, then by all means, that's what you do. Start your own project and call it Project 52.....a picture a week. That would work, yes? :) I personally am in favour of that one, because I can't always get out and take pictures every single day either. So I may just join you in YOUR project. :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
I believe that for this contest, in order to be eligible for the gift card, it has to be a 365 day project. You can do any kind of project you want. It just won't be part of the 365 contest unless it follows the rules.

hotrocks

Project 52 is a lot better for me (sounds like a secret government project). With work and taking classes online, 300 of my pictures may be of my head on my desk.

Jack, if you open a new Project 52 forum I will participate.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Maybe we'll run another contest later in the year, but at the moment the 365 will be the only one.

I'll see what we come up with as far as reordering pic posting forums.

Kim20

Hi Kim - I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread specifically for 2012. You can back fill with pics you've taken from Jan 1st to now.
Thanks for getting back to me with the info :) I have now started a new thread.

Marine1937

I think I want to try the 365 and have a couple questions.
1. We until the 15th to catch. I assume that means I can take 10 pictures on the 9th and use them for Jan 1 - Jan 10. Correct?
2. Can I take a picture Feb 1, Feb 2, Feb 3 and upload all three on Feb 3 and still qualify? Or do we have to upload every day? Every day will be very difficult for me.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I think I want to try the 365 and have a couple questions.
1. We until the 15th to catch. I assume that means I can take 10 pictures on the 9th and use them for Jan 1 - Jan 10. Correct?
2. Can I take a picture Feb 1, Feb 2, Feb 3 and upload all three on Feb 3 and still qualify? Or do we have to upload every day? Every day will be very difficult for me.

Yes and yes - sorry for the late reply. The idea is to take a picture a day, but I wanted to allow a grace period so people could see the contest and join in.

NikonThom

Just a note and clarification... I just want to try to take a photo each day during 2012 and post them here. I am NOT entering into a contest. Please keep that in mind with my posts. I enjoy the friends I've made here, and just want the added motivation of group accountability. I am not interested in winning any prize, just having fun!

Thom Tapp

Scott Murray

I am going to have to start one next year, but for now I will just be posting in my Random one until 01/01/2013....
Great work everyone, I am enjoying going through them and seeing what people are seeing daily.

RockyNH_RIP

Just curious, anyone have an idea how many are left in the Contest.. I imagine any that made it this far are not stopping now..

Pat in NH