Family of 6 Photo Shoot and looking for tips

Nikonite1222

Hi Everybody-

I have a photo shoot next Saturday and its a family of 6 that includes two twin girls. I was wondering if you all can give me some tips and any advise you could spare. Of course, some shoots with the twins will be without question, but this is the first time I am doing a family this large and I am looking for a bit of advise to help with any creative options you could give me.

Thanks for your time and please feel free to ask any questions you have.

Sincerely- Doug Ward

Ruidoso Bill

Your first challenge is to equalize or resolve the height differences, I suggest seated, steps can be great, kids standing on steps above or the same as the parents, we all use the triangle theory where no face is hidden by another.

Outside folks angled slightly facing in. Straight on shots are not flattering.
Then it's a matter of just moving them around til you like what you see.

There is also some advice on posing on the internet if you google it.

Last edited:

Nikonite1222

Thank Bill,,I appreciate it, I didn't know about the triangle effect. I will also google for posing techniques.

Keep them coming folks, I'll take any advise anybody can offer.

Sincerely- Douglas

RickSawThat

Make everyone comfortable and make it a fun experience. You need 6 faces all relaxed and comfortable at the same time. Take some time before the actual shooting and just chat be human not just the pro coming to take pics. Bill's posing advice is great now just get them in a mood of real family and closeness.

Nikonite1222

Thanks Rick- I appreciate it. I am going to morrow to do a meet and greet so that should hopefully help get to know them and them to know me, witch should help get everybody relaxed.

Sincerely- Douglas