I have an engagement shoot tomorrow..Any tips?

sami

Ok. Thrown myself in the deep end..got an engagement shoot tomorrow..Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ruidoso Bill

Re: I have an engement shoot tomorrow..Any tips?

I would guess it is indoors, a small zoom and a flash would be my pick, bounce off the ceilings if possible (low enough) for even light. Don't be afraid to zoom in close. Get as many shots as possible to chose from later.

Make sure you have extra batteries for both camera and flash.

Good Luck, these shoots can be stressful but stay calm, help them relax, display confidence and never arrogance.

Good Luck!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

If there is one there, you can also use a window as a natural light source. Don't be afraid to ask them to get real close to each other, close to the window and use the light to create an intimate portrait of them. I second Bill's advice as well if no natural light is available.

fotojack

What lenses do you have to work with? My last wedding shoot, I used a 50mm, an 18-55, and an 18-105mm for the outdoor portions of the shoot. For flash indoors AND out, I used my SB-700. ....... and everything else that Bill said. :)

sami

Thanks for you advice guys..meeting them in half hour..It's raining, so to my backup plan. I just hope I can pull this off.

sami

I am so very sorry. I am lost with linking to my gallery..can someone please help. I would love to get CC on my first engagement shoot..I am not a seasoned pro like the rest of you...but it's my first try and I want CC..Thank you so very much.