Weekly Challenge Dec. 28-Jan. 4: In the Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

6578966253_0a7e2f14c2.jpg

In the Kitchen
Weekly Challenge December 28-January 4

The winner of the On the Move challenge was AxeMan. He issued this challenge and will be judging the entries.

Your challenge this week is to photograph what's in your kitchen. Restaurant kitchens, and "just" food shots will not be judged. Feel free to use appliances, pots, pans, silverware, etc. or if you choose showcase your entire kitchen.

Get out there, have fun, and Good Luck!

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on January 4th...so get those photos in!

The Rules
  1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

fotojack

Re: Weekly ChallengeDec. 28-Jan. 4: In the Kitchen

Considering the time of year and the weather, this is a good challenge! It's indoors! lol :) I like it. :)

kayte

LOL, guess that means I will have to clean up my counters for this one bhahaha

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

Technically this was taken Tuesday night in our dining room, but they were made in the kitchen and eaten today :) No really, I shouldn't be eligible for this challenge.

385044_919980564728_31700281_40366430_785768000_n.jpg

kayte

My entry, just went took a shot

WeeklyChallenge01.jpg

EXIF:
taken with my d80
used my Sigma 28mm prime lense
ISO 1600 (reduced noise post production)
f/2.8
1/30 seconds
used Corel Paintshop Pro X4 post production

Just-Clayton

ok! a boring shot of our Christmas present. but, if you saw the rest of my kitchen!! my kitchen falls into the ugliest kitchen category.

Attachments

• DSC_8019 (800x533).jpg
    DSC_8019 (800x533).jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 301

kayte

ok! a boring shot of our Christmas present. but, if you saw the rest of my kitchen!! my kitchen falls into the ugliest kitchen category.

bah! really??! I am so embbarassed by my kitchen I took a close up of my spice rack, lol....there I said it, that's why I posted my entry like that, lol

fotojack

Waited for the sun to shine through the window, then took a shot. It's all I got, folks. Well........it's all the wife would let me show! lol :)
DSC_0509.jpg

AxeMan - Rick S.

If it make everyone feel better the sample shot took over an hour to set up (clean). To tell you the truth to the left is the stove, and it's piled high with stuff that was in the way or out of place, and to the left is the sink with both sides piled high with dishes.

I wanted to take a picture tonight to show you what it looks like while we have our little New Years Eve gathering, but the "boss" said NO WAY. Trust me it looks NOTHING like this now. The word cluttered would be an understatement. ;)

Carolina Photo Guy

CrockPot.jpg

Our CrockPot with black eyed peas and ham hocks.

Its been working all night long so that we could have our New Years Day supper!

As you can tell, our kitchen is a little cluttered.

Hey Axe, you see the Rooster? :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

View of the kitchen:

_DSC1399.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.