Query on manual modes

ugendher

hey everyone...

i have been capturing images in the automatic modes till recently, i tried clicking in the aperture mode but find few issues-can some one pls answer them?

- when i click a picture , it is taking a lot of time to capture (5-10 seconds or so)
- the image is very blurred & poor in light

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
well, there are a few things that could cause this symptom.

1- You might be using an aperture that is too small (remember, the bigger number=the smaller aperture)
2- You might be using an "ISO" value that is too low.
3- There is not enough light to capture a picture with a shutter speed fast enough to stop the motion.

You have to understand that ISO value, aperture # and shutter speed are all related and work together to get just the right amount of light on the sensor to expose a proper image. Study the manual and read about exposure on the net, maybe someone can explain it better than me.

Just-Clayton

i have the same camera. if you have it in apeture mode and you use the thumb dial to change the value of apeture, you will notice that the speed value adjusts to the apeture. if there isnt enough light the camera tells you. if there isnt enough light for the apeture setting it has to lower the speed to capture that light. with lower speed you are going to get blur. now try the same with a flash you will notice the speed increases so the picture wont get washed out from the flash.
heres my quick example. In the first picture the apeture is set at 5.6 and my speed sets to LO and also tells me subject is too dark. (notice the blur )
second shot is also set at apeture 5.6. now i have turned on my flash it changes the speed to 1/60
Give that a try.

Attachments

• DSC_7920 (800x534).jpg
    DSC_7920 (800x534).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_7922 (800x534).jpg
    DSC_7922 (800x534).jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 188

fotojack

hey everyone...

i have been capturing images in the automatic modes till recently, i tried clicking in the aperture mode but find few issues-can some one pls answer them?

- when i click a picture , it is taking a lot of time to capture (5-10 seconds or so)
- the image is very blurred & poor in light

OK, let's start with finding out what lens you are using. that would help.
Are you taking pictures outdoors or indoors?
Do you have a tripod? If so, use it in poor light conditions.

And pay attention to everything Marcel told you. :)