Adding new lens

agmfoto

I am having a tough time trying to decide what lens I should add to my collection. I own a 50mm 1.8 AF and would love to add a wide angle. Any suggestions?

fotojack

Yup...get the Tokina 11-16. That's the one I'm drooling over! Soon as I win the lottery, THAT'S the lens I want to add to my gear.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I am having a tough time trying to decide what lens I should add to my collection. I own a 50mm 1.8 AF and would love to add a wide angle. Any suggestions?

What is your budget? How much are you willing to spend? Is this for landscape, group shots for people, and/or architectural? Most wide lenses have severe barrel distortion. I would recommend a Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 or Nikon 16-35mm f4 but if these are way out of your budget, then, we really can't make the right recommendations. Please be more specific. Listing your current lenses also helps.

agmfoto

@gqtuazon My budget is pretty low. I adore the Nikon 17-55, have never tried the 14-24mm. I am mostly looking for a good portrait lens, group shots. I've been looking at 24mm prime but not sure if that is something I really need. I currently own a 50mm 1.8. Possibly also thinking about a 85mm. All over the place. I want to build a solid grouping of lens so I am up for any suggestions. Open to non-nikon lens as well. Thanks!