Hi and Thank you!

Frodge

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm not a photography newbie, but I'm not a professional. I grew up around cameras (35mm, 110, disk and some others I can no longer remember) and a dark room, thanks to my fathers interest in the hobby. Dad isn't around anymore, but he would have loved the digital age. I purchased my first digital camera in the fall of 1997, the same year he passed away. Since then I've had quite a few digital cameras of nearly every variety. I take pictures for my own enjoyment, but have recently started submitting photos to stock photography companies. My current camera is a Nikon D850, which was purchased in November and it still intimidates me. I've used it to record interviews (as the camera operator, not the interviewer) at certain conventions. I am still getting to know the camera as, like I said, it intimidates me. Before the D850, I was using a D3200 with the kit lens and 55-200mm Nikkor lens. I have a Sigma DX telephoto lens without VR and I don't touch it much, but I hope that will change. I currently live in Upstate NY, but in a few months I'll be moving to the great state of North Carolina. Just a middle age woman hoping to enjoy a hobby I loved as a kid and somewhat throughout my life, and now looking to dive deeper. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Bengan

Welcome to the forum. Quite a step up from the D3200, but you shouldn't let that intimidate you in any way. The camera will not bite. Please show us what you can do with it.