Weekly Challenge: Dec. 21 - Dec. 28: Holiday Celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
DSC_0579-2.jpg

(Sorry I didn't get this out yesterday. I thought today was Tuesday.. . .sigh . . . )

Holiday Celebrations
Weekly Challenge: Dec. 21 – Dec 28

Cnyram was the winner of the "Freestyle -revisited" Weekly Challenge and issued the following challenge:.

Your challenge for the Week of Dec. 21 – Dec. 28 is Holiday Celebrations: This challenge is to present part of how you may celebrate the upcoming Holidays. The photo may be of decorations, gatherings, food, displays or anything which captures the Holiday spirit in your family or culture. Entries will be judged on creativity, technique and impact.

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on Dec. 28 (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules
1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I'm feeling giving for this one, so the winner will receive their choice of Nikonites mug, embroidered hat, or t-shirt!

Mike150

I guess nobody wants to go first so, somebody's got to get this thing going.
As far as judging goes, I guess I'm in the lead until somebody else posts.

This is my neighbor's yard every Christmas.

Christmas Lights.jpg

Just-Clayton

this NOEL display is always up just after Thanks Giving. It also is our reminder around here that Christmas is coming. I drove to different areas to get the best shot. It also gave me the chance to see all the displays in the area.

Attachments

• DSC_0275 (800x534).jpg
    DSC_0275 (800x534).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 347

kayte

here's my entry :)

Christmas201119.jpg

EXIF info:
taken with my Nikon D80 w/ 55-200mm telephoto
ISO 1600
1/200
F/5.0
focal length: 125mm
post production with Corel Paintshop Pro X4

Merry Christmas all!

Kim20

Our little community of 250 people, all get together and donate what they can, for our Christmas eve fireworks. I look forward to this more than anything, we all get together at the communities skating rink, the kids all lace up, parents gather around the fire pit enjoying "hot chocolate" and listen to christmas songs, waiting for the colourful lights to fly. Great fun

Last edited:

Michael Black

Nephews.jpgWell in my family the most important thing is to spend time with all your loved ones. In this photo are 4 Nephews, 3 are great and 1 is regular.:)

ColinHK

Ive been watching these contests for a few weeks now so i figured its time to give it a shot, so heres my entry.
DSC_0290.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.