d7000 Back Focus

ccoulson

Hey Guys

Just got the confirmation email from NIKON, that my Camera does indeed have an issue with Back Focusing... ive been noticing it for a while but Its so intrusive, I had to contact them..

I sent in multiple photos which they analyzed asked me to send more.... and finally confirmed the issue. They suggested I send my precious camera in after the holidays...UGH. Im very sad about this.

However I need to ask some questions...

Has anyone else had this issue????

If so how long is the turn around???

What exactly do they do to fix it???

Do I need to send the lens with it??

Is your camera better now????

Ill take any kind of thoughts on this back focusing issue...

Thanks guys!!!

fotojack

Hey Guys

Just got the confirmation email from NIKON, that my Camera does indeed have an issue with Back Focusing... ive been noticing it for a while but Its so intrusive, I had to contact them..

I sent in multiple photos which they analyzed asked me to send more.... and finally confirmed the issue. They suggested I send my precious camera in after the holidays...UGH. Im very sad about this.

However I need to ask some questions...

Has anyone else had this issue???? I know of many who have had this issue.

If so how long is the turn around??? No idea, but figure on at least 2 - 6 weeks.

What exactly do they do to fix it??? I believe it's a software problem, but not sure.

Do I need to send the lens with it?? No. They have test lenses to work with.

Is your camera better now???? Reports have shown that they do indeed fix the problem.

Ill take any kind of thoughts on this back focusing issue...

Thanks guys!!!

Hope this helps in some small way. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

What Nikon will do is...

Remove the image sensor from the camera and move the camera body farther forward on the workbench.

They will then re-install the sensor and re-calibrate for the increased distance that was gained when the body was moved forward.

This will have the effect of moving the back focus problem to the front where it will be in focus. Any questions? :p

sami

I heard alot about this issue. I haven't encountered it personally. Generally, my focusing issues are due to human error.