anybody ever use a lensbaby?

warriormom

if so, what kind? is it cheating? i really love portraiture and close ups. the lensbaby has a macro attachment which allows for some nice up close work. just wondering if anyone has any experience and if you guys think it's 'cheating'.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes I do. This is a shot done with it. I haven't used it for portraits yet but it's interesting. But I tend to forget that I have it, so I must say it's not a must have item.

_MCC6539.jpg

Iman60

I used a lensbaby for a short while. I didnt care for it much as it seemed to be too much fiddling around to get what I wanted. Perhaps it just wasnt my style, but I sold it on ebay after about 6 months.
I am not sure what you mean by.... is it cheating??? Cheating what?

jengajoh

I have the lens baby muse. I wouldn't say its cheating at all. It can be difficult to get the center in focus, I would say it is more challenging than any other lens I own. Here's a picture I took with mine.

363-River.jpg

ShootRaw

Bump...Thinking about adopting this system..Looking into the Composer Pro with 35 sweet spot or Edge 80..Since it is 2014..Anyone still use any of these?

ShootRaw

Im goin go with the composer-pro...Not sure if I want to start with the Sweet 35mm or Edge 80..Both have a 12 rounded blade aperture...2.8

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I have this and although I don't use it too often, as a matter of fact not often enough.

Here's a street shot done with it using my D600

paper salesman dragan.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh great another lens. This hobby is going to break me.

This photo looks familiar. Was it published somewhere recently?

Not that I'm aware. I did post it here in my daily thread at some point. If you ever see it somewhere else, please let me know.

skene

Lensbaby... anyone use these?

Just kind of wondering as it looks interesting, but do not know if this is something I really want to spend money on just a try out and not like.

Browncoat

Re: Lensbaby... anyone use these?

I rented a couple of Lensbabies awhile ago.

They're okay, but I can't justify the cost. Not when you can achieve the same effects with Photoshop.

PapaST

Re: Lensbaby... anyone use these?

I think it's a fairly dynamic tool. I think if you learn the ins and outs and become skilled with it then you'll use it a lot, because you'll enjoy the unique results. Or if you're like me and do not get competent with it then it will sit in your bag for years on end. ;)