Nikon 1 Section under Cameras

Berkerk

Just thought that news of the FT1 mount adaptor would be of interest to those that have bought the Nikon 1 bodies. Compatibility has been added in the latest 1.10 firmware.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm kinda on the fence here. I can't keep "borrowing" my wife's Canon S95 when I can't bring my D300 along on some work trips. I've seen some of the images that Thom Hogan has produced with the V1 and I've been impressed. He just posted his J1 review on his new site which I thought was well thought out. Bottom line, I think my reluctance is tied to sensor size and price. If the price falls down near a Canon S95/S100, I would be tempted.

Here are a couple of Thom's V1 images (via links):

INT_NZ_Kaikaura_11-2011_V1_07065.jpg

INT_NZ_Milford_11-2011_V1_08629.jpg

fotojack

I don't think it's the camera so much that people are skeptical about, I think it has more to do with the price of the thing. Here's my question: if I bought one of these, would any of my current lenses that I use with my D200 work on this new camera? Probably not, eh. So now we're looking at a sizeable investment into more lenses with a new type of mounting system. I believe some people are going to take this into consideration when looking at this new offering from Nikon.

Eye-level

Banned
I don't think it's the camera so much that people are skeptical about, I think it has more to do with the price of the thing. Here's my question: if I bought one of these, would any of my current lenses that I use with my D200 work on this new camera? Probably not, eh. So now we're looking at a sizeable investment into more lenses with a new type of mounting system. I believe some people are going to take this into consideration when looking at this new offering from Nikon.

Um sir...I believe he said mount adapter FT1...which means that yes it will accomodate just about any F mount lens you have... ;)

Personally this is the back up camera I have been waiting for...better start saving my pennies...

Last edited:

fotojack

Um sir...I believe he said mount adapter FT1...which means that yes it will accomodate just about any F mount lens you have... ;)

Personally this is the back up camera I have been waiting for...better start saving my pennies...

My bad. I must have missed the part where he says it's compatible with F mount lenses......which means I'd have to BUY the FT1 adapter, again, adding to the already obscene cost of this (J1) camera.

Berkerk

Well I was initially asking for a Nikon 1 section on the forums to post the information regarding the FT1 adaptor and firmware update to.

So yes, you'll be able to use F mount lenses with the use of the adaptor. Although I'd imagine there will be some caveats/exclusions with older lenses.

I also agree that the biggest issue with these bodies is the price; although they're already selling with discounts and I'd expect further price cutting/rebates after the holidays.

Last edited: